forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: simplified docbook plugin now available
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:23:06 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 00:49, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I have extracted the simplified docbook behaviour from core and created
>>a plugin from it. As before, I am not committing changes to core until I
>>have somewhere to put the plugin code (this is getting much closer now).
>>
>>If anyone wants to work with these plugins in the meantime you can get
>>them all from http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins
>

> Thanks Ross,
>
> What is the reason for name-0.6.zip and name.zip?

That is a "snapshot" of the functionality in Forrest 0.6

When Forrest tries to download a pluming it looks for a file with the
name pluginName-version.zip where version is the version of Forrest that
is running. If no such version is found then an unversioned copy is
downloaded (pluginName.zip).

This allows later versions of the plugin to take advantage of new
functionality in Forrest whilst maintaining backward compatability with
older versions.

Ross