forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: simplified docbook plugin now available
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:23:06 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 00:49, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>I have extracted the simplified docbook behaviour from core and created
>>a plugin from it. As before, I am not committing changes to core until I
>>have somewhere to put the plugin code (this is getting much closer now).
>>If anyone wants to work with these plugins in the meantime you can get
>>them all from
> Thanks Ross,
> What is the reason for and

That is a "snapshot" of the functionality in Forrest 0.6

When Forrest tries to download a pluming it looks for a file with the
name where version is the version of Forrest that
is running. If no such version is found then an unversioned copy is
downloaded (

This allows later versions of the plugin to take advantage of new
functionality in Forrest whilst maintaining backward compatability with
older versions.

View raw message