forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:02:59 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:

> This has been a huge thread to get through and I think I may see what
> Sean is saying.  Sean, if I'm wrong, please feel free to jump in and
> correct me!

Yes, sorry I do tend to be too verbose sometimes and reply to too many
minor points.

> Right now, we seem to be stuck on this idea of the intermediate format
> which I think we're all agreed we need in order to be able to present a
> consistent look and feel.  Currently, that format is document-v12 and in
> the future will be a subset of XHTML 1.0 or 2.0.
>
> What if the intermediate format was instead an intermediate pipeline of
> Docbook -> XHTML?  Anyone desiring to use a new input format within
> Forrest would produce XML which conforms to a format in the intermediate
> pipeline.

Have you read the past threads on what to use as an intermediate format?
There was much discussion about using Docbook. If the arguments against
Docbook in those threads have since been addressed then now is a good
time to reconsider this point of view. However, I don't think the
situation has changed any.

Ross