forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] SVN restructure for subprojects
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:19:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>
>>> The tools may be for more than just editors.  For example, eclipse
>>> can start/stop a forrest jetty server I think.
>>>
>>> What about "externaltools" or just "tools"?  We probably don't need
>>> the "forrest" prefix since we're already within repos/asf/forrest
>>

>> I had a similar response half-prepared. Just "tools"
>> would suffice.
>

> +1, I like it (especially moving the eclipse, xxe, etc stuff under there).
>
>> Yeah, why does the proposed SVN restructure have the "forrest*"
>> prefix for everything? The "forrestbot" and "forrestbar"
>> i can understand, but not the rest.
>

> We may as well do away with all the prefixes.

Forrestbot and forrestbar are already known by those names, so I think
we probably should keep them prefixed.

Logos would be *good* to not be prefixed, since it isn't related to
forrest at all currently.  Eclipse and XXE plugins also are just fine
without the prefix.

What about forrestdoc?  Just calling it "doc" seems way too generic.  I
think that eventually it will take the form of some plugin.  Could we
guess what the name of that would be?  Maybe "projectmetrics",
"projectreports", "codereports", "srcreports"?  Or just KISS and stay
with "forrestdoc".

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming