forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Catalog for Docbook Plugin
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:09:53 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In XML Catalogs the <group/> has @xml:base
>
> <group xml:base="file:///path/to/forrest/plugins/docbook/resources/"/>
>
> I have Knowing the "path/to/" since I am not in control of the installation. I
> was wondering if there is a way to add the "path/to/" on the "pwd" during the
> build.

Currently there is no build process for the plugins as they are
installed. This is easy to add (please put a feature request into the
issue tracker and assign it to me - unless you can do it and submit a
patch of course. I should be able to do it later this week).  In the
meantime, you can hard code it I'll let you know when I've added the
build mechanism (it will call an ANT script which can do all the
necessary configuration).

> Now this is only required when installing the Docbook plug-in. The catalog.xml
> is located in "plugins/docbook/catalog.xml" and needs to be modified when the

That should be plugins/docbook/resources/schema/catalog.xml

> plug-in is installed. Either the user can do this, or the install build can
> do this.
>
> Any ideas what is best?

It is my goal to see all plugin installations fully automatic. However,
there have been valid comments about minimising the download size of
plugins and therefore requiring users to configure the plugin itself.

I would start of with a manual configuration and we can automate it from
there. But we will need the above build process first anyway.

Ross