forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] SVN restructure for subprojects
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 04:06:22 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Rick Tessner wrote:
>
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>
>>> Any more thoughts on this?  We should put it to a vote soon, so we
>>> can get
>>> the plugins in SVN.

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just have one little nit-pick on this and that would be the
>> "forresteclipse" and "forrestxxe".  I was thinking it be nice to keep
>> these under a separate directory such as "aids" or "tools" or
>> "contenttools", "contentaids", etc.
>>
>> I just thought that there may be folk out there using XMLSpy or their
>> favorite content creation tool and may have tools bars, css, configs
>> that help with a given tool.
>>
>> These things may well be plugins for their favorite tool, but they are
>> not forrest plugins.
>>
>> It seems it could get cluttered on the "top-level" directory with
>> things like "forrestxmlspy", "forrestgnumeric" etc.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> We could place the editor extensions inside an "forresteditors"
> directory. This would have the effect of reducing clutter
> (forresteclipse and forrestxxe would fit in there to start with. It
> would also make it more obvious to the casual observer what these items
> are.
>
> Ross

The tools may be for more than just editors.  For example, eclipse can
start/stop a forrest jetty server I think.

What about "externaltools" or just "tools"?  We probably don't need the
"forrest" prefix since we're already within repos/asf/forrest

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming