forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: build system
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:51:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
>  Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>Another alternative to consider is to use a real scripting language instead of
>>Ant to do our builds.  In my experience with skin fetching, ant simply isn't
>>designed to do the things we want to do.  I am not familiar with python, but I
>>think it would be a good candidate.
> Is Ant able to call a python script to do certain tasks?

Ant can embed scripting.  I can't believe I forgot about this.  I've
used rhino (a Javascript implementation in Java) at work to do this.  It
can be a real pain to debug because it's embedded, but it does make
stuff easier.

See (and
scriptdef and macrodef).

It looks like python, java, groovy, and other less popular languages are

Dave Brondsema : : programming : student org : personal

View raw message