forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:13:15 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Monday 25 October 2004 18:48, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>So, what needs to be done is the plugin needs to be able to add CSS
>>classes into a skin.
>

> If it helps the Docbook custom layers can specify a CSS using the the
> html.stylesheet param this creates the <link rel="stylesheet"
> href="corpstyle.css" type="text/css"> in the head.
>
> The pipe can therefore find this string and process accordingly?

This could be made to work, but it does not deal with clashes between
class names in stylesheets. We could avoid these by prefacing forrest
classes with "forrest.", but we'll worry about that if it becomes a
problem.

So it seems that the major hurdles of handling XHTML are pretty much
covered (apart from all the stuff I've missed ;-))

My next problem with doing it this way is how do we generate other
output from the XHTML, i.e. PDF, RTF etc. I believe I raised this in
another message in this same thread so if you already answered no need
to answer again.