forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:46:02 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Monday 25 October 2004 18:47, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>>Project Specific Customizations? Use case Docbook Customization Layers.
>>
>>Sorry I am not familiar with Docbook, can you expand on this a little.
>

> The basic idea is that one does not want to add customizations to the DTD or
> XSL's distributed by the Docbook Project. So you make a custom layer that
> acts as your driver. Instead of calling the "docbook.xsl" you call "your.xsl"
> that imports or includes the "docbook.xsl." The custom layer passes params
> and templates that overide or extend defaults.

I see no need to duplicate things by installing the whole plugin in the
project directory. It would be better to have one version of the plugin
in the Forrest directory and only the customisations in the project
directory. Simply have the Docbook plugin look in a standard place
within the project directory structure for "your.xsl", if it finds it
then it uses it, otherwise it defaults to the one in the plugin.

Am I missing something?

Ross