forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: [proposal] SVN restructure for subprojects
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:06:34 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Any more thoughts on this?  We should put it to a vote soon, so we can get
> the plugins in SVN.

>>Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

>>>forrest/
>>>   branches/**
>>>   tags/**
>>>   trunk/
>>>     bin/
>>>     site/
>>>     dist/
>>>     forrestcore/
>>>     forrestbot/
>>>     forrestbar/
>>>     forresteclipse/
>>>     forrestxxe/
>>>     forrestplugins/
>>>      OpenOffice.org/
>>>      DocBook4.3/

Hi all,

I just have one little nit-pick on this and that would be the
"forresteclipse" and "forrestxxe".  I was thinking it be nice to keep
these under a separate directory such as "aids" or "tools" or
"contenttools", "contentaids", etc.

I just thought that there may be folk out there using XMLSpy or their
favorite content creation tool and may have tools bars, css, configs
that help with a given tool.

These things may well be plugins for their favorite tool, but they are
not forrest plugins.

It seems it could get cluttered on the "top-level" directory with things
like "forrestxmlspy", "forrestgnumeric" etc.

Thoughts?

--
rick@onnadayr.ca
IT Firefighting and Prevention