forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:03:27 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Monday 25 October 2004 16:42, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Sean Wheller wrote:

>>>Yes, but perhaps should only happen in the "run" when required i.e. when
>>>the plug-in property is set.
>>
>>I have no preference, as long as it gets done before it is needed I
>>don't care when it gets done. If there is a good reason for this then
>>I'll be happy to commit a patch.
>>
>>The only (minor) advantage of doing it in build is that if someone looks
>>at the tree they will realise they can use plugins, whereas if we do it
>>on forrest run, they will only find this out when they use one.
>

> Yes you are right. I guess there will be a need to rely on documentation.
> Perhaps comment the property project.required.plugins.
>
> #Do "forrest available-plugins" for a list of plug-in names

OK, done (but not committed as I have a local change that I cannot
commit until we have the Open Office plugin in SVN)

> #Set "project.required.plugins" to [name]-[version] e.g IMSmanifest-0.6

This is incorrect. You simply put the name of the plugin, Forrest will
download the correct version of the plugin for the currently running
version of Forrest.

> There are two places for plugins/
> 1. In the forrest install - I don't think build.sh needs to create a plug-in
> folder until such time as the value is set in forrest.properties.

I still have the same view as before. If there is a good reason then
I'll apply the patch, until then I'm happy the way it is.

> 2. In the project  forrest - Again, no need to create a folder if it's not
> used. Create it when the value is set in forrest.properties.

Are you suggesting plugins should be installed in the individual project
directory? This is not currently supported as it would lead to
duplication of code. Since the plugin "belongs" to Forrest why would it
even be installed in the project?

Ross