forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric Glorieux <frederic.glori...@ajlsm.com>
Subject Re: Scaling images (was Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-264) forrest seed does not create the resources folder)
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:10:33 GMT

> Yes, Clay and I discussed this a little a while back in the context of
> embedded OpenOffice.org images. We decided that it would be best to have
> a Cocoon generator that could scale the images. Problem is, neither of
> us has built a generator before, nor have we checked to see if one
> exists yet.

We done it and try the ImageReader described upper. Some experience to
share, but it works. Our goal was to respect some of the will of the
author in his page layout, so instead of pixels, question was to render %

After lots of tests the easiest is

<htm:img width="33%" align="right"/>

imageReader is useful to generate fixed size thumbnails, but for other
things, you may encounter very big problems, especially when you do some
javascript that request images according to client browser width.

I don't know enough cocoon internal, but I guess lots of images cached
for every possible sizes.

Fred.

--
Frédéric Glorieux (ingénieur documentaire, AJLSM)
<http://www.ajlsm.com>