forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Update of FOrrest website
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 04:05:43 GMT
I have been patiently waiting for the Forrest website to be updated by
the scripts I thought were in place. Since it hasn't happened I did a
little digging and found a thread that explains the process (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109495035026269&w=2 )

 From this thread I see that it is only updated from the site module in
SVN, we have to manually update that module from trunk (I can see the
logic there).

So I followed the instructions in the above thread. When I cam to the
"svn diff" part I was surprised to see a large number of files in site
that are not in my local build. I figured this are old documents no
longer used but not deleted from SVN, but there are also a few documents
not in site, but that are actually published (e.g. skins.skins.xml).

Long story short, I am thoroughly confused.

I *think* my local build is fine and that the missing files can be
added, but I'm not 100% sure. Perhaps someone could take a look and tell
me if I'm being over cautious.

In the meantime I have manually copied the plugins/plugins.xml file that
is needed by the plugin functionality over to /www, thus plugins now
will now be downloaded automatically. Not much good without some example
sites, but you can get them by downloading the plugins manually and
peeking in the zip, I will put these in SVN once we have the layout
decided upon.

Ross