forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] SVN restructure for subprojects
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:55:47 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I would see this as easier to use and maintain (given cheap copies):
>>

>> forrest/
>>   branches/**
>>   tags/**
>>   trunk/
>>     bin/
>>     site/
>>     dist/
>>     forrestcore/
>>     forrestbot/
>>     forrestbar/
>>     forresteclipse/
>>     forrestxxe/
>>     forrestplugins/
>>      OpenOffice.org/
>>      DocBook4.3/
>

> This feels better somehow, at the very least we should use these names
> for the reasons Nicola Ken puts forward. The only (minor) drawback I see
> is the length of the URLS for checkouts etc.

One other point that was raised when discussing the plugins location in
SVN. Is it possible to have different rights for each of the directories
in SVN. That is can we make someone a committer on
forrestplugins/OpenOffice.org and not on forrestcore? I'm not sure we
will ever want to do this, but we may.

Ross