forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins in SVN
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:57:09 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> The question is where to put them. Here are the options I have though of:
>>

>> - a new module "plugins" with subdirectories for each of the plugins
>

> I thought that you already created the plugins directory. I think that
> it should go there :-)

<audio what="sound of penny dropping"/>

I think I understand what you meant:

- move the current plugins directory (where they get installed) to build
folder

- create a new plugins directory which has the source in FORREST/plugins

- exclude the plugins from the build process

The result is developers get all the plugin code, users only get the
plugins they need when they build their sites.

Ross