forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins in SVN
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:44:15 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> The question is where to put them. Here are the options I have though of:
>>

>> - a new module "plugins" with subdirectories for each of the plugins
>

> I thought that you already created the plugins directory. I think that
> it should go there :-)

No, I created no such directory. I suspect you are thinking for
FORREST/plugins. This directory is created when you build Forrest. It is
where downloaded plugins are installed to, but it is not where we should
develop those plugins, otherwise they would all be a part of the main
Forrest distribution and that kind of defeats the purpose. Everything in
FORREST/plugins is managed by Forrest itself and is therefore ignored by
SVN.

Actually, answering this makes e think it is in the wrong place, should
it be in FORREST/build/plugins? This would force a reinstall of all
required plugins after a "build clean" but the process is fully
automatic so shouldn't have much of an impact (as long as a network
connection is available).

Ross