forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Plugins in SVN
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:22:40 GMT
Now that plugins are in trunk we could do with at least one example that
is easily accessible. I have two plugins available, both alpha but both
working, I would like to commit these to SVN as examples (they are
useful too!).

They are

IMSManifest - replaces sites.xml and tabs.xml with IMS standard manifest
file (also has pre-alpha code for including one content object in
another - works but with some nasty hacks in the code)

feeder - very simple plugin to read an RSS feed and render it within a
Forrest site

The question is where to put them. Here are the options I have though of:

- a new module "plugins" with subdirectories for each of the plugins
- a new module for each plugin "IMSManifest_plugin", "feeder_plugin" etc.
- in scratchpad until we think of something better
- ????

So comments?

Ross