forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Updated: (FOR-322) Support Docbook V4.3
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:51:33 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>
>>Will someone please commit this updated issue to HEAD.
>>
>>If there is a problem please let me know.
>

> I have looked briefly at it and put it on hold
> because i need to find time to investigate the v4.3 DTDs
> and ask everyone if we want to include those to our
> distribution (another Mb swell) or use the new plugins
> functionality.
>
> I tend to think the former at this stage.

I would vote for creating a Plugin as this is a good test case and Sean
is actively working on docbook support at the moment. I know Clay is
also working with the Open Office stuff and I promised to help with that
first.

So, if you decide to put it in the distribution that is fine by me, but
I would prefer in the medium to long term to create a docbook plugin.

Ross