forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:45:35 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>Well I *need* Open Office in the Burrokeet project, if it is a concern
>>>of Forrest devs

>>Speaking for myself, there is *no* concern about this at all.
>>IIUC David was talking about Forrest as a whole and source format
>>support generally speaking.
>

> Yes, absolutely. Ross i did not ever say that we should not
> do the plugins capability nor the OpenOffice.org
> I was just ringing the obvious alarm bell about broken
> source data.

Yes I realised that, the confusion has come from my reply, not from your
original comment. I simply meant that if Forrest was concerned about
supporting external formats as an official part of Forrest because it
would  reflect badly when things aren't 100% correct we could encourage
other, external projects, to provide this support, thus leaving Forrest
to focus on the core functionality (which is what the plugins extension
is all about).

My offer of Burrokeet having the Burrokeet team provide the support for
Open Office because we can carry the extra burden of dealing with the
problems it may cause. However, as I said in the original mail (which
has now been cut), I would have thought a sub project here within
Forrest would be better as it is a much more active community and would
still have the effect of making any such problems separate from Forrest
itself..

Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Ross