forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:13:10 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, but the fact that Open Office
>>will no longer open your file does not sound good with respect to the
>>correctness of your modified Open Office document.
>

> This is the sort of thing that worries me about enabling
> these other formats as sources for Forrest. It will be
> Forrest that gets blamed for the almost un-intelligible
> messages that Cocoon is forced to spew out.

The new plugin system can allay some of those fears - it will be the
plugin that gets blamed not Forrest itself.

(I hope to merge the branch today - then I'll get on with extracting the
OpenOffice.org code)

> It is also of concern that we might get dragged into
> user help situations about those formats. We will need
> good defense against a certain infamous word processor.

Well I *need* Open Office in the Burrokeet project, if it is a concern
of Forrest devs generally perhaps Burrokeet should manage the plugin?

(I'd prefer to see it stay here, but the offer is there, I want Forrest
to be a success otherwise Burrokeet can't be)

Ross