forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of non-documentvXX XML files
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:13:35 GMT
Christian Roth wrote:
> what happens to custom XML documents that do not conform to any version
> of the document-vXX.dtd (or any of the default DTDs with provided
> conversions), but are nevertheless valid according to the declared
> DOCTYPE and reside in the xdocs folder? Are they passed through Forrest
> and Cocoon 1:1 and wind up finally at the skin's document2html.xsl
> stylesheet, or are they blocked from passing through Forrest at all?

If I understand correctly, any XML file that is not supported by Forrest
will be ignored, probably not the best behaviour, an error message would
be more appropriate.

Forrest supports more than just Document** format though, for a list of
XML doctypes supported see the action called "sourcetype" in
forrest.xmap (XHTML is also supported). If you want to work with a file
in a different format you must provide an XSL stylesheet for converting
from your format to Document20 and configure Forrest to use it.

Ross