forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Move plugins to trunk?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:49:07 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Now that we have released (thanks to all involved :-), I'd like to see
>> the new plugin system into the trunk if it doesn't break existing
>> behaviour. :-)
>>

> It's not quite ready for that. There are two small jobs to do:
>
> 1) automate the last stage of plugin automation (i.e. write the sitemap
> snippet into the plugins sitemap)

I haven't looked at the plugins code yet, so I might be way off here..
but if we could write a cocoon generator (or other thingy.. I don't
know) to automatically pull the current plugins that'd probably be much
better than having to update a plugins sitemap.

For simplicity's sake, wouldn't it be ok to just have the user modify
that sitemap?  It's in the project dir, right?

> 2) write a configuration system so that any functionality we take out of
>  Forrest core will automatically be included, unless explicitly
> excluded. This is to maintain backward compatibility. My idea is that we
> have a property in forrest.properties like:
>
> required.plugins=openOffice, docbook, IMSManifest

Sounds good, the property probably should have a "project." prefix.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming