forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: document2txt
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:03:12 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>
>> I believe there were atleast 2-3 solutions floating around for doing
>> converstion from xdocs to TXT. Are any of these integrated or planned
>> on being integrated into forrest in the near future?
>

> I'm planning on working on that once Forrest 0.6 has been released.  I'd
> like to add the document2txt transformation and create a suite of common
> text handling bits that can be used by both the (currently existing)
> document2pod and the sooon-to-be document2txt.  For example, have common
> table and list handling transforms.

For a starter see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-125

I did, once upon a time have a full working implementation of this then
I stuidily deleted the files in error (twice - I rewrote it once!!).

One day I will actually get this finished, however, the project I needed
that on has now been shelved so the urge is not strong right now.

Ross