forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@onnadayr.ca>
Subject Re: document2txt
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:31:49 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> I believe there were atleast 2-3 solutions floating around for doing
> converstion from xdocs to TXT. Are any of these integrated or planned
> on being integrated into forrest in the near future?

I'm planning on working on that once Forrest 0.6 has been released.  I'd
like to add the document2txt transformation and create a suite of common
text handling bits that can be used by both the (currently existing)
document2pod and the sooon-to-be document2txt.  For example, have common
table and list handling transforms.

If all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to have something by early
November.

> Otherwise could the patch owners please send me patches, or should I
> just poke around in JIRA -- I thought if I could grab the latest
> patches that would be great!

The only patches that I'm aware of are in JIRA (FOR-125).   These are
the bits I plan on using in the soon-to-be document2txt.

--
rick@onnadayr.ca
IT Firefighting and Prevention