forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:16:10 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>>Clay Leeds wrote:
>>

>>>Some important details:
>>>
>>>(from ~/.bashrc)
>>>FORREST_HOME=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forrest-0.6
>>
>>FORREST_HOME=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forrest-0.6/src/core
>>
>>(It'd be handy if in the future the shell scripts were smart enough to
>>accept either)
>

> Why? The user instructions make it very clear how to
> set $FORREST_HOME.

So we can be more like a "normal" application, where _HOME is the base
directory.  Thinking about it more now, the bin/ directory has to be in
PATH and it would still be in src/core, so users would still have to set
that properly.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming