forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:49:10 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

>> Don't we need to change the versions in a few places (according to
>> etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt) and commit those before we build?
>>
>>> The testing and vote period concludes on 2004-10-15.
>>> Anyone can test and vote, not just PMC members.
>>> However the PMC votes are binding.
>>>

> I updated the forrest version number and rebuilt the releases (from
> r54181).
>
> Windows & linux dists are at http://apache.org/~brondsem/forrest/
>
> .tar.gz m5sum b54f5ebf00f883b1106f919306ead91b
> .zip md5sum 4d9f5eb87036248b1a62fbb6038ebc8d

I verified the windows zip running under both cygwin and dos. Following
tasks worked just fine:

forrest seed
forrest run
forrest site

forrest run (on existing project using custom skin and lots of xmap
overrides)
forrest site (on existing project using same custom skin)

I did notice a few minor problems with PELT on the seed site though
(same behaviour in both Firefox 0.10.1 and IE 6):

When no sub tabs are used there is a large gap between the tab and the
the left naivgation menu. This removes the connection between the tab
and navigation, to my eye this doesn't look right (could be personal
though).

When there is a second level of tabs they are both selected, and again,
there is a separation beteen the tabs and the nav menu.

I also tested the tar.gz on LTSP version of RedHat 9. Same environment
as above, same results.

Ross