forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:29:15 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>>I updated the forrest version number and rebuilt the releases (from r54181).
>>
>>Windows & linux dists are at http://apache.org/~brondsem/forrest/
>

> (Aside: I tried not to expose my URL to Google like that.
> Dunno if it is a problem or not.)
>

>>.tar.gz m5sum b54f5ebf00f883b1106f919306ead91b
>>.zip md5sum 4d9f5eb87036248b1a62fbb6038ebc8d
>

> Is the tar archive built on UNIX and the zip on Win?

Yes.

> If so, then we will make these the official files
> for testing and voting. (I just removed mine.)
>

>>If you want to build it yourself locally, use the md5sum to verify that
>>it's exactly the same (run 'svn st --no-ignore' to make sure you have a
>>clean source tree).
>

> Our etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt says to checkout a new working copy.
>
> We would prefer that people test the actual release tar and zip
> that we are voting about.

I was just thinking people might want to save the bandwith, but 20mb
isn't too bad.  Downloading is definitely the safest too.

>>If you're a PMC member with a key in KEYS and you vote +1, please sign
>>both files (e.g., gpg --detach-sig --armor apache-forrest-0.6.zip) and
>>reply with the .asc files attached.
>

> Yes. However, i am not sure what you mean by the last part.
> Attached to the email?
>
> I want to add my *.asc early in the week. Then i will vote
> toward the very end of the week when i am satisfied.

I'm not sure what the best process is here.  Somehow the "releasor"
needs to get all the .asc signatures and concatenate them, and put that
file alongside the release.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming