forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Navigation links
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:27:35 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>>> I would be very interested in "back|next", too.
>>> We have a solution for a link "back to top", if you're
>>> interested ...
>> Forrest cannot currently do this by default so I've copied this to the
>> dev list since there is a partial solution below:
>> I have a skin that does this (actually I broke the "back" section, but
>> next works, back used to work, I just haven't had time to fix it).
>> This is another of a long line of things that I have been trying to
>> find the time to tidy up and commit to Forrest. If you know XSL then
>> you could have a go at making my partial solution work properly and
>> I'll put it into Forrest (with a property to make it optional of course).
> A note: HTML has <link> in the <head> that can be used in the future to
> make navigation links customized per page.

I *knew* I needed to post this here too. Glad I did now. I will be sure
to use:

  <link rel="next" href="nextPage.html" />
  <link rel="prev" href="prevPage.html" />

The skin then then choose to render this or not thus removing the need
for a global property.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll put this in the issue tracker so I don;t

View raw message