forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: request for thoughts on change to document-v20 DTD
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:20:59 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Friday 08 October 2004 10:33, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>I'd prefer not to change the document DTD, as we will be switching to
>>XHTML2.
>>
>>In this case, your suggestion will become something like this:

>>:-)
>

> Yes, I to would prefer to use XHTML2. When does this move happen?

Probably the 0.7 release.

> If I understand correctly, this will obviate the need for
> docbook2document.xsl. Forrest will be able to take the output from the XHTML
> stylesheets that come with Docbook and adorn it with Forrest trimmings in one
> step. If so this is far better than the current method.

This really depends on what the docbook stylesheets output. We will be
supporting a subset of XHTML2, not the whole lot. There is extensive
discussion around this in the archives, perhaps the most useful place to
start is Nicola Kens summary thread
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=107321479223106&w=2

> What has to be done in order to use this method?

The above thread covers much of this. I have opened an issue against 0.7
so that we can start collecting the ideas together one 0.6 is released.

Ross