forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest OpenOffice.org plugin
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:22:14 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Charles Palmer wrote:
>
>> Team:
>>
>> Snip:

>>> Yes, the above linked document explains where they go.

>>> Yes, but don't worry about how we enable that right now, we'll package
>>> it once it is working.
>>

>> Please be careful not to break things that are currently working. If
>> functionality comes out from the base distribution it needs to be
>> simple and
>> clear to add it back in, seemlessly, for people who are already using the
>> features. Thanks.
>>
>> Charles
>>

> I expect we would ship with some default plugins such as OO.org, and the
> end-user wouldn't be affected.

Ahh, yes, I see I missed the point of this mail originally - trying to
do too many things at once again.

My current thinking is that there will be a config property that
describes what plugins a site needs. The default setting for this will
be all the functionality that is currently in 0.6-dev, but we can change
the one in forrest-seed to not include any unless activated by the site
designer.

Thus, any existing sites will continue to work whilst new sites will
take advantage of a leaner Forrest install.

Ross