forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Build issues when svn switch
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:21:50 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Ok I just tried everything and it don't. By everything I mean I deleted and
> did a fresh checkout of trunk
> I did build and run, as expect it works.
> I then switched
> I did build again and run, it fails
> I then notice the following difference between the trunk build and branch
> build. In the trunk build I don't get
> Created dir: /home/sean/projects/forrest/build/classes
> Compiling 31 source files to /home/sean/projects/forrest/build/classes
> 8 warnings
> <emphasis>8 warnings</emphasis>
> How can I obtain an output of these warnings?

Warnings are not critical, you only need to worry about errors. These
particular warnings are due to the use of deprecated code. If you want
to see the warnings change the line:

in properties.xml

None of the Java files in the branch have been touched so there is no
difference between branch and trunk in this respect. In fact, you can do
./ on trunk, switch to the branch and it will still work
regardless of whether you do ./ or not.

The reason you don't get the message when building trunk is because the
files are already compiled and so the build process skips this step. If
you "rm -rf build" in the trunk and then do "./" you will see
exactly the same message as this will force the java files to be compiled.

View raw message