forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject svn branching practices (was: Forrest OpenOffice.org plugin)
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:58:48 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>
>> Sounds like I'll have to have both versions of forrest installed
>> (plugins & TRUNK). Any ideas about how I should 'manage' this? Perhaps
>> retain the HEAD version as my $FORREST_HOME, and name the plugins
>> version forrest_PLUGINS/ or something?
>

> I'm afraid I'm new to working with branches. That is what I have done at
> present...
>
> Ross

Yes, keeping a checkout of the trunk and one of the branch is a good way
to do it.  You could have just one and do a "svn switch" between the
two, but that can get confusing especially if you're a committer and you
need to make sure you commit to the right branch.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming