forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Should plugins have their own property files? (was Re: Forrest plugin)
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:16:01 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> One other thing I thought of, was the ability to add (configurable in
> a bug/button on OOo translated documents along the
> lines of the Standard Button - small on this page:

This is a good idea, however, I'm not sure it should be configurable in since t is only relevant to sites using the open
office plugin. The same could be said of the target screen resolution we
will use for scaling images. Perhaps we need a "".

There are a few other things that would be relevant in there. For
example, the enhancements in the zip on the issue tracker includes the
ability to handle style information contained in the office document.
But this overrides the default styles in the skin. This will be a bad
thing in many cases (back to mixing display logic with content), but
required in others. My original plan was to make it configurable (this
is the reason I never committed to Forrest, I never got the time to make
it configurable).

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not as it means we are creating
even more configuration files. What are peoples thoughts on this?

View raw message