forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sitemap.xmap
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:13:38 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I copy sitemap.xmap to my project src/documentation directory I am no
> longer able to access the site on my localhost:8888.

You are not supposed to copy the whole sitemap, read on...

> Jetty returns
>
> 14:32:58.883 WARN!! Error for /
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

This is happening because the forrest sitemap mounts the project
sitemap. You have copied the Forrest sitemap into your project so now
your project sitemap is mounting your project sitemap, which mounts your
project sitemap etc. etc.

> I am presented with a blank page. Documentation states that
>
> " You can  to your project src/documentation
> directory (or wherever ${project.sitemap-dir} points to)."

That pace of documentation also says "The capability is described
in "Using project sitemaps"
[http://forrest.apache.org/docs/project-sitemap.html] and some worked
examples are shown in the following sections here."

In short, don't copy the forrest sitemap as a starting point, us the
examples in the document you quote instead.

Ross