forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Adding background info to forrest docs
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:43:50 GMT
On Oct 3, 2004, at 7:12 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>>
>> I'd really enjoy that! Realizing that it helps to understand how
>> Cocoon
>> works, I've spent some time going to the cocoon site[1], but had
>> trouble understanding how to read the Cocoon docs. They're Wiki format
>> according to the version, and module.
>
> Please explain what trouble. We will try to fix it.
>
> Where are you looking? Our forrest docs refer directly to
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/index.html
>
> They are in the Forrest "document-v1 DTD" format.

Thanks! That will surely help. I didn't find that when I was looking
for it before. Now that I look back, it makes sense. Perhaps it might
be clearer if the URI is also shown along with the text description.
Perhaps, just enabling domain info for off-site links would be enough
(See below). BTW,  I spent a little time, and couldn't find the 2nd
link.

OT: BTW, is there a feature in Forrest where one can enable showing the
domain and or full URI for off-site links (see below)? If not, it would
be yet another nice feature to add.

CURRENT * indicates link to
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html:
The Cocoon sitemap syntax is documented fully in *Cocoon's
documentation*. This page provides an overview of the sitemap we have
written for Forrest.

DOMAIN INFO ADDED:
The Cocoon sitemap syntax is documented fully  in Cocoon's
documentation [cocoon.apache.org]. This page provides an overview of
the sitemap we have written for Forrest.

Full URI ADDED:
[*http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html*]. This
page provides an overview of the sitemap we have written for Forrest.

> Yes there is other user documentation at the Cocoon Wiki
> but the above core documentation is fine.

Great! I'll spend some time checking those links out.