forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject References to OpenOffice.org
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:08:17 GMT
Just a quick note that references to OpenOffice.org should include the
'.org' suffix. Here's a FAQ from their page[1]:

====
10.  	How should I refer to OpenOffice.org in my documents?

If you need to use the term "OpenOffice.org" in documents or papers or
any formal communication(not including email), we suggest you to follow
the following conventions:

  1. Always use OpenOffice.org as an adjective.
  2. When using the phrase "OpenOffice.org" when speaking about something
  specific, we suggest you use one of the following forms:
  a. For the WebSite: "The OpenOffice.org Web Site", or "The
OpenOffice.org
  Community"
  b. For the binary: "The OpenOffice.org Application"
  c. For the binary in a standard context: "The OpenOffice.org reference
  implementation."
  d. For the code: "The OpenOffice.org source code" or "The
OpenOffice.org code"

  Now for the obvious question: Why?
  The reason is: Someone else owns the phrase "OpenOffice", and we want
to make
  sure we do not get into trouble.
====

I think this means that the title for the OpenOffice Writer documents
page on the Forrest web site should change to OpenOffice.org Writer
documents. I don't know if it means the file names (e.g.,
src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/aggregates/openoffice-
writer.xsl) should change to:

src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/aggregates/OpenOffice.org-
writer.xsl

[1]
http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/faq-other.html#9

Web Maestro Clay