forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <>
Subject References to
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:08:17 GMT
Just a quick note that references to should include the
'.org' suffix. Here's a FAQ from their page[1]:

10.  	How should I refer to in my documents?

If you need to use the term "" in documents or papers or
any formal communication(not including email), we suggest you to follow
the following conventions:

  1. Always use as an adjective.
  2. When using the phrase "" when speaking about something
  specific, we suggest you use one of the following forms:
  a. For the WebSite: "The Web Site", or "The
  b. For the binary: "The Application"
  c. For the binary in a standard context: "The reference
  d. For the code: "The source code" or "The code"

  Now for the obvious question: Why?
  The reason is: Someone else owns the phrase "OpenOffice", and we want
to make
  sure we do not get into trouble.

I think this means that the title for the OpenOffice Writer documents
page on the Forrest web site should change to Writer
documents. I don't know if it means the file names (e.g.,
writer.xsl) should change to:

Web Maestro Clay
Clay Leeds - <>
Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <>