forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: xml-fop Build Failed
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:45:49 GMT
On Oct 30, 2004, at 12:10 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> I'm looking for a bit of help getting xml-fop to output some custom
>> content types (they were in the old xml-fop/../../sitemap.xmap file).
>> Every item which matches the following pattern in this file[1] are
>> what
>> I think I need to add (stuff in the FOP Additions sections):
>>
>>      </map:serializers>
>
> Why is this closing tag here?

Sorry, it was garbage. My next message contained the sitemap.xmap in
its entirety.

>>        <!-- .. -->
>>        <map:serializer name="svg2png" mime-type="image/png"
>> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer"/>
>
> Don't need this svg2png here because it is in the core
> sitemaps.

As I expected. Thanks for the clarification.

>>        <!-- ========================== FOP Additions
>> ========================== -->
>>        <map:serializer name="svg2pdf" mime-type="application/pdf"
>> src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer">
>>          <parameter name="transcoder"
>> value="org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder"/>
>>        </map:serializer>
>>        <!-- ======================= End FOP Additions
>> ======================== -->
>>      </map:serializers>
>
> The svg2pdf serializer does not seem to be in the core
> sitemaps, so you need to declare it in yours.

OK.

>>        <!-- ========================== FOP Additions
>> ========================== -->
>>        <map:match pattern="body-compliance.xml">
>>          <map:generate type="file-nolabel"
>> src="content/xdocs/compliance.xml"/>
>>          <map:transform
>> src="resources/stylesheets/compliance2html.xsl"/>
>>          <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>        </map:match>
>>        <!-- ======================== End FOP Additions
>> ======================== -->
>
> That match is not correct anymore. Please follow the
> documentation your-project.html "Adding new content type".

Thanks. I'll put that in, and see how that improves things.

<snip/>

>>          <!-- ========================= FOP Additions
>> ========================== -->
>>          <map:match pattern="**/faq.pdf">
>>            <map:generate type="file-nolabel"
>> src="content/xdocs/{1}/faq.xml"/>
>>            <map:transform src="library/xslt/faq2document.xsl"
>> label="content"/>
>>            <map:transform
>> src="skins/forrest-site/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl"/>
>>            <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
>>          </map:match>
>>          <!-- ======================= End FOP Additions
>> ======================== -->
>
> I don't understand the purpose of that one. Leave it out
> and see if the core sitemaps handle the faq.pdf

I'll see. Keep in mind that the 'real' one I'm using is in the next
POST.

>> NOTE: Some of these may no longer be necessary for me to add (they
>> might have been integrated into Forrest's default sitemap.xmap). For
>> others, the Forrest Team may want to *make* them part of the default
>> sitemap.xmap (svg => pdf)?
>
> The only one that i can see that might need to go to the
> core is the svg2pdf serializer. For now, just declare it
> in your project sitemap.

Sounds good!

Web Maestro Clay
--