forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Forrest OpenOffice.org plugin
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:13:14 GMT
On Oct 5, 2004, at 3:54 PM, Clay Leeds wrote:
> I'm interested. I've followed these instructions[1] and am a willing
> participant. Please let me know what I need to do to move OOo related
> files to a plugin.

 From this post[2]:
> > For example, I'd like to see Forrest be able to take a .sxw file with
> > *embedded* pictures, and output the appropriate HTML & PDF files.
>
> Actually, that is one of the enhancements I have made - care to help me
> do the plugin?

Yes! (as you can see, I moved this to a separate topic)

> Question. Would this conceivably remove all openoffice.org related
> files (e.g., the openoffice-writer.xsl file) from the forrest
> distribution? Then if someone wants to use it, they have to download
> it separately? Or would it still be included in the distribution, but
> just not be called unless someone included that functionality (or
> forgot to remove the samples/ dir from their installation :-p)

I meant to say... from their /forrest seed/... :-)

Also from post[2]:
> > The
> > HTML files would take screenshots and 'shrink' images down to a max
> size
> > for placement on a page (e.g., max WIDTHxHEIGHT=640x480--user
> > configurable, of course), and if the image is larger, provide a
> > jump-link (configurable) to the image. The PDF would embed the
> highest
> > resolution available for the image, but would also shrink it to
> 'fit' on
> > the page.
>
> Not that advanced yet, but embedded images do work in a basic way.

How would I go about 'shrinking' the files for the web page. Would I
just specify a width/height (after somehow determining that an image's
width and height are greater than one of those, apply the appropriate
ratio)? Does forrest have some type of hook to a program that can read
images? Should I make it read and then shrink?

Once I have that working, would I have forrest cp
[the-embedded-image(s)] *.sxw/Pictures images/ (or ack!
../../../resources/images/)

> Web Maestro Clay
>
> [1]
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?