forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:29:00 GMT
On Friday 29 October 2004 16:46, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > On Friday 29 October 2004 16:12, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> > Why do we want to transform to document?
> >
> > Perhaps you misunderstood. We want to take XHMTL and add that to the
> > aggregation and finally get a web site.
> > Docbook XML -> XHTML1.0
>
> As I, and others, was trying to explain to you in our very very long
> thread, this is not how we do it.

Yes, we know how it is done today, but I thought we all agreed that this
plug-in would take us in the direction of XHTML1.0. :-((

Theoretically what I am proposing should not be that hard, I just don't have
enough experience with Forrest and Cocoon to make it work without help.

> If you convert the XHTML1 to our internal format (which will become
> XHTML2) it will then be incorporatewd into the site in the same way as
> any other document (see the "intepreted HTML" example in a freshely
> seeded site. This we will give us all the skinning and benefits of Forrest.

And we will have information loss? I cannot afford information loss. I need a
solution.

> This is how we do it, this is what works and this will be the easiest
> way for you to do what you are trying to do.
>
> > There should be no use for html2document.xsl or any other xsl defined in
> > forrest.xmap.
>
> If you can find another way of doing this then feel free to implement it
> and provide patches for consideration. However, I am not aware of
> another way at this time (some other dev might be).

I hope so.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author