forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:39:39 GMT
On Thursday 28 October 2004 22:26, Ross Gardler wrote:
> It took me a moment to realise you had copied this from the Forrest
> sitemap, I thought it was from yours, this confused me somewhat (being
> slow tonight my wife had me in furniture shops all day buying baby
> things - hard work that)

hey congratulations!! We had three and that was enough.

> I *think* the answer is yes. I'm still getting to grips with what you
> can and can't do with the pass-through feature that has enabled plugins
> to work. In other words I'm doing things by trial and error at the
> moment. So far I have been constantly amazed at how easy it is to do
> this stuff.

Well  that make 2 of us. I keep reading the cocoon site to understand the
sitemap. I have a vague idea but no real picture in my head of all the pipes
and how things are routed between them in Forrest.

> What appears to be happening is that the main Forrest sitemaps only
> process the file if it is part of their recognised doctypes. So as long
> as you remove the doctypes you are handling from the main forrest
> sitemaps and leave the more general ones (like .fo) in the core it will
> pick them up.

Is that good? I mean it should work both ways. Installation of the Docbook
Plugin will not remove the doc types in the core. Hmmm, gotta play I guess.

> Jut try it, if it doesn't behave the way you expect then let me know
> what is happening, what you want to happen and attach a zip of your
> plugin to a bug report. I'll work with you to solve any problems you
> come across.

Yep. Playing nicely and learning from it. :-)

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author