forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: parameter entity for globalents.ent (Was: forrest.apache.org/build.html)
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:06:35 GMT
On Thursday 28 October 2004 03:09, David Crossley wrote:
> I reckon that it is a good idea. We used to use
> entities at various occasions in the past Forrest.
> When the build was restructured we didn't need that
> approach anymore. Your suggestion is a good use.
>
> Would it be better to use a Public Identifier
> so that the catalog entity resolver can be used?

Yes it can be part of the catalog. Providing that we specify a URI and not
just the filename. The later does not work, as far as I know, under the Java
Resolver.

Where do you think is a good place to put the file and perhaps we should call
it something, any name suggestions?

> Would it be better to incorporate this into the
> document-v* DTDs so that we don't need to declare
> it in every xml instance.

Yes the DocTypeDecl must declare it. If we use catalog then, we can point to
it using a ficticious URI. This is a level of abstraction that will enable us
to move it around in the future.
The question is, will this feature be "internal" to the project, or will it
also be a feature across projects?

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author