forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:20:18 GMT
On Wednesday 27 October 2004 19:06, Ross Gardler wrote:
> No No No... this is exactly what we don't want.
>
> We want a *single* intermediate format so that we only need to maintain
> a single set of skinning stylesheets.

You think XHTML1.0 is going to go away that fast? Personally, I have my
doubts. I think there is going to be a long period where both will need to be
supported.

If you literally meant, someformat -> * XHTML1.0 -> * XHTML2.0 ->*
Then we still need three stylesheets.

I was thinking of a shortcut. Once we have XHTML1.0 stylesheets then all we
need do is import them to the XHTML2.0 stylesheets and overide/modify only
that which is required.

So it may look like this
We have XHTML1.0.XSL

		xsl:import
		       \/
We want XHTML2.0.XSL

This enable us to maintain everything that is required by XHTML1.0 in place
and inherit all to the XHTML2.0.XSL. Overide and extended the later to comply
with XHTML2.0. The delta between XHTML1.0 and XHTML2.0 is not over ridden but
is available to XHTML2.0.XSL.

What do you think?

--
Sean Wheller