forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:10:53 GMT
On Monday 25 October 2004 16:42, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> >>
> >>This is done by ./build.sh
> >
> > Yes, but perhaps should only happen in the "run" when required i.e. when
> > the plug-in property is set.
>
> I have no preference, as long as it gets done before it is needed I
> don't care when it gets done. If there is a good reason for this then
> I'll be happy to commit a patch.
>
> The only (minor) advantage of doing it in build is that if someone looks
> at the tree they will realise they can use plugins, whereas if we do it
> on forrest run, they will only find this out when they use one.

Yes you are right. I guess there will be a need to rely on documentation.
Perhaps comment the property project.required.plugins.

#Do "forrest available-plugins" for a list of plug-in names
#Set "project.required.plugins" to [name]-[version] e.g IMSmanifest-0.6

There are two places for plugins/
1. In the forrest install - I don't think build.sh needs to create a plug-in
folder until such time as the value is set in forrest.properties.

2. In the project  forrest - Again, no need to create a folder if it's not
used. Create it when the value is set in forrest.properties.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author