forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:19:14 GMT
On Monday 25 October 2004 12:11, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > I can't imagine documenting in XHTML. Write in Docbook, Apache, TEI, your
> > own format and transform to XHTML.
>
> hehehe... the web was born for documenting, and it started with html.
> It's strange that now it's deemed unfit for documentation. :-)

Yes. We moved to XML because HTML was terrible and now we want to move back in
that direction. NOOOO!!!! please, please. Why do we want to move back into
using non-normative formats for storage of data and documents? IMO it is best
to stay in XML. The further away the data is from the presentation layers the
better.

> As for 'write in... Apache', what is 'Apache'?

The Document DTD and FAQ DTD etc.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author