forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:20:16 GMT
On Monday 25 October 2004 10:37, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The fact is that we will move to XHTML2 as an internal format, but IMO
> it should be possible to have plugins use XHTML or HTML as an input
> format, as they are so common.

Do you think forrest should have an internal format?

Perhaps all "-//APACHE//DTD XXXX VX.X//XX" should become "plug-in." They will
be a "content class" installed by default in plugins/ (RING 2). The
"plug-in" is comprised of an "Apache Adaptor" and "Apache Framework." The
"plug-in" will transform to XHTML for the RING 0 to do its magic. Other
formats such as FO, PDF, POD etc. Will still need maintenance and
development.

p.s. I must compliment this project on its' open minded approach to ideas and
suggestions. Even when they're "off=the-wall." :-)

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author