forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Test Zone for new Forrest Sample Site
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:47:14 GMT
On Thursday 21 October 2004 13:30, Ross Gardler wrote:
> If you can't get your code to work then it is either a bug in Forrest or
> a problem in your code. The issues I had were different, the includes
> worked fine, but when it came to nested includes it didn't work. At that
> time this was a bug in Cocoon. But this is at least 18 months ago now
> and I suspect it is fixed. I think your problem is a different issue.

Remember I am able to transform the complete set outside of forrest. So I am
confident that this is a forrest bug. Whether it is caused by forrest or
cocoon is the same thing.

I have uploaded a new sample.
http://www.inwords.co.za/site/courses/fundamentals.html

This time I have made the value of the @href absolute, it brings in the data,
but seems that docbook2document.xsl no longer functions as with documents
that don't have XInclude. This is because the XSL does not have a template to
match part. That can be easily fixed.

However, it still does not explain why the document transforms just fine
oustide forrest and in forrest the xi:fallback is used. The relative path is
as it should be and works in commandline transformation using saxon, xalan
and xsltproc.

BTW. This document (fundamentals), is a book and only includes documents with
part element as root. The parts have no sub xi:includes.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I just can't see what.

Thanks for your help and Perseverance.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author