forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Test Zone for new Forrest Sample Site
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:02:38 GMT
On Thursday 21 October 2004 11:38, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> It should work with validation off for those files that have xinclude
> and without the xpointer and caching support. That's why it's included,

Yes, it should but does not. I have used
forrest.validate.xdocs.excludes=courses/**
to exclude all course files from validation. They will be valid by default
since they are authored and tested externally.

In addition, I use a combination of entities and XInclude. This causes the
project build to fail since it expects to find a DocTypeDecl on all XML files
even though I have not specified standalone="no" in the XML declaration.

Perhaps I need to tune something else, but as per Ross Gardlers' earlier
message I think it's a problem in Forrest, or Cocoons' problem that is now
also Forrests problem:-).

I think that Ross's implimentation using IMSManifest may be a good solution,
taken that it is not likely that Cocoon will fix the problem anytime soon. I
look forward to testing it once it is merged into the trunk. Meanwhile I am
reading about it.

I have not actually use XPointer only XInclude. I may be wrong, but as far as
I know only implimentations using libxml2 support XPointer, or one
version/interpretation thereof.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author