forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject request for thoughts on change to document-v20 DTD
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 06:35:46 GMT
Hi,

Wanted peoples thoughts on the following.

The v20 DTD defines "warning" and "note" elements
I propose to make this one element "admon" and to differentiate between admon
types using a @class. In addition, when @label is true then default
admon.label text is overridden.

The XML would look like:
<admon class="note" label="Remember"> or
<admon class="warning" label="Beware"> or
<admon class="caution" label="Careful"> or
<admon class="tip" label="Hot Tip"> or

For this I will need to add to the document-v20.dtd and provide handling in a
number of the xsl's. How should we handle handle backward compatability in
such instances?

I propose keeping note and warning elements, but announcing their depreciation
in future versions.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author