forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Build issues when svn switch
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:49:59 GMT
On Thursday 07 October 2004 16:24, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> >>
> >>I have been watching the commits that have been made, and most of them
> >>are skin or docs changes. There are none of any significance with regard
> >>to the build in the list you copied in your mail.
> >
> > I don't think it is the build per se. Rather that there may be bits and
> > pieces in the update operation that cause a problem. I will try looking
> > at it closer, but don't have time to go over all the differences, so I
> > will test it once the branch and trunk have come closer together.
>
> But surely if a straight checkout of the branch works for you then it
> can't be a problem with the code in the branch?
>
> What do your logs say when you get the failure?

Yes, this makes sense, hence I think it has something to do with the update
operation. Essentially svn switch is just a super update that makes the
current directory mirror a new URL. There should not be any problem,
logically. However, the facts are the facts, both svn switch from cli and
eSvn have the same result. I think that somewhere the update is not being
done as it should due to the amount of information be transmitted and hence
the problem. But this is only speculation. On the other hand I may be looking
in the wrong place, perhaps I am just doing something wrong. Will check this
later.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author