forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Build issues when svn switch
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:48:02 GMT
On Thursday 07 October 2004 08:16, Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2004 07:31, Sean Wheller wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure I understand your question. In general terms I don't think
> > > so.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Seems there must be some kinda build issue when using svn switch on
> > forrest. When I switch from trunk to a branch, I can build, I can run but
> > I cannot access the site.
>
> Interestingly enough, if I do a full checkout of the sitemap-plugins and
> reset $FORREST_HOME to point o this. The build works, forrest runs and I
> can access the site.
>
> Could this be an SVN issue? Or am I right in thinking that this is a build
> issue?

Ross,

The diff between trunk and the sitemap-plugins is huge. It seams that the
branch is drifting far away from the trunk.
Attached is the diff resulting from
svn diff -r HEAD --old /home/sean/projects/forrest-plugins --new
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk --non-interactive

This increases the likely hood that use of the standard svn switch dev method
will not work. I think it is best practice to merge changes from trunk into
the branch frequently so as to avoid this situation. You may want to do a svn
merge. Suggest a dry run first
svn merge --dry-run http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/sitemap-plugins
A plugins
Skipped missing target: 'plugins/sitemap.xmap'
Skipped missing target: 'plugins/plugins-1.xml'
U module.xml
U src/core/forrest.build.xml
U src/core/context/skins/leather-dev/css/base-contracts.css
U src/core/context/skins/leather-dev/css/profiling.css.xslt
U src/core/context/skins/leather-dev/css/branding.css
U src/core/context/skins/leather-dev/xslt/html/tab2menu.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/leather-dev/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/tigris/css/tigris.css
U src/core/context/skins/tigris/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/tigris/README.txt
U src/core/context/skins/pelt/css/screen.css
U src/core/context/skins/pelt/xslt/html/tab2menu.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/common/skinconf.xsl
U src/core/context/skins/common/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl
U src/core/context/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf
U src/core/context/WEB-INF/jtidy.properties
U src/core/context/default-forrest.properties
U src/core/context/sitemap.xmap
U src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/rss2document.xsl
U src/core/context/resources/stylesheets/docbook2document.xsl
A src/core/var/pluginlist2echo.xsl
A src/core/var/pluginlist2fetch.xsl
A src/core/var/pluginlist2echo.xsl~
A src/core/targets/plugins.xml
U src/core/fresh-site/src/documentation/skinconf.xml
U src/documentation/skinconf.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/faq.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml
A src/documentation/content/xdocs/guidelines.xml
A src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/plugins.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/linking.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/your-project.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/project-sitemap.xml
U src/documentation/content/xdocs/docs/sitemap-ref.xml
D src/documentation/content/xdocs/bylaws.xml
U src/documentation/content/.htaccess
U index.html
U KEYS
U etc/RELEASE-NOTES-0.6.txt
U etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt
U etc/docs-review.txt
U etc/announcement-0.6.txt
scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/actions/StartForrest.java
scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/actions/BuildSite.java
scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/actions/StopForrest.java
U scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/ForrestPlugin.java
scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/preference/ForrestPreferences.java
D scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/src/org/apache/forrest/eclipse/popup
U scratchpad/eclipsePlugin/plugin.xml
successfully (0)

--
Sean Wheller