forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Fixed Re: Help FOR-308
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 05:56:29 GMT
On Wednesday 06 October 2004 05:54, David Crossley wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > After some tinkering I noted that I was transforming to document-v1.3
> > dtd. So I changed to document-v2.0 dtd.
>
> Careful. Our internal document structure is still v1.*
> We are moving via document-v2 to xhtml2, but not until
> we get the imminent 0.6 release.

OK, no backward incompatibility was induced by the addition of the xref
template. The section template was just modified to add @id attributes if the
existed.

The solution works. As I said it is more intrusive than I wanted. It does have
the effect of there being two anchor elements in the final output, but this
should not bother anyone.

So docbook2document.xsl adds @id to the sections it creates if the original
document used @id and then idgen does it's part later in the pipe. It's not
neat, works though. Ideally I would like to be able to get and use the @id's
made by idgen, but this is happening to late in the pipe.

Perhaps the plugin system will work differently?

When do you expect you will apply the patch I sent?

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author